Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Sorry, NOT Sorry!

Have you ever made a decision and people around you judged you? Tried to make you feel bad about what YOU decided to do? Umm yea, me too!

Growing up the baby daughter of a pastor, I often found myself caring a lot about what people thought of me. I took into consideration the unspoken opinions of others for years. How I dressed, what I said, how I reacted to things, filtered my thoughts and ideas and more. I never once did anything without thinking twice about what people would say.

Can you imagine how that felt? Suppressing feelings and thoughts all for the sake of upholding this pedestal I never once asked to be placed on. This trickled down into my relationships with friends and men. I found myself being overly cautious and sensitive, just to protect others “perception” of me. I get angry just thinking about it sometimes.

I believe it is important to be respectful and uphold a positive reputation; however losing who you really are should not go hand in hand with that.

Over the years, I have endured extreme growing pains. Pain that cannot be articulated! I made mistakes, said some things I didn’t mean, entertained poisonous company and made some decisions that I am not proud of. Do I regret any of this? NOPE!

I don’t regret one ounce of my journey. I needed to have that season of “Caring too much about what people say”. I needed the sleepless nights of persecuting myself over silly mistakes. I don’t regret the way I began to grow, through pain and tough lessons. I needed to care less about what others thought and more about what I thought of myself.
  • I’m sorry I slighted myself the opportunity to express ideas I had at a young age.
  • I’m sorry I never danced at that party because I didn’t want to smudge by “church girl” image. 
  • I’m sorry I cared too much!



Fast forward to today…


§  I’m not sorry for the woman I have grown to be
§ 
I’ I'm not sorry for my sassy personality
§ 
   I’m not sorry for changing my hair with the wind, trying new colors and expressing myself
§  
   I’m not sorry for growing

§   I’m not sorry for loving and learning

§   I’m not sorry for finally accepting who God made me to be.


A loving, thoughtful, intelligent, wise, fearless queen that loves God’s people! All of God’s children!


Because of what I went through, I feel as if I have a gift for not judging! I accept people for where they are in life and love on them regardless of what “season” they are in. I try my best to be open to allowing people to feel free around me and not feel the need to filter who they are because of me!

God is love. God is real. Love is real.

I want to love like God loves! Flaws and all!

Sorry, not Sorry!

Cryslove

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete