Thursday, June 15, 2017

Thirty is the new 20! πŸ’‹

Let’s get one thing straight here…30 is the new 20!

So here’s the scoop:

I get told on a daily basis that I look every bit of 19-24 yrs. old. When you’re 30 this is the greatest compliment. Until you sit down with a teenager and they look at you straight faced in the eyes and say, “I think 30 is old”. Truth is, when I was 13, I thought 30 was a lifetime away and yes, it was OLD.

But times have changed, and I’m rolling with them full fledge! And I am done believing this LIE!

Yes I’m tired all the time, and prefer a glass of wine on the couch over a night out, but that doesn’t make me a senior citizen (I love them btw).

This light hearted topic brings me to a bigger issue within our society of yet another “PRESSURE”. We are pressured to believe that you MUST have a spouse, children, 401K plan, house, multiple cars, investments, multiple degrees, a gym membership and make monthly charitable contributions all by the age of 30! Who the heck made this stuff up?!  Why does society pressure me into thinking that I have failed at life if I don’t have at least half of the items mentioned? Why does society force us into believing that life should be completely figured out by 30? Please find this person who had this bright idea and send them my way!

This is WRONG! πŸ‘ŠπŸΎ

Life is a journey that is filled with twists, turns, mistakes, triumphs, failures and unpredictable moments. Does this mean I am not a success because I’m not married or with child at 30? Nah!

Society has an annoying way of placing pressure on all of us, no matter your age, race or gender.

I do believe that life offers you experience and by 30 you should have some things in place, and be settled enough to at least care for yourself. But all the other “stuff” doesn’t come for everyone by this time. Trust me, I KNOW. And I refuse to feel bad about not being where the societal dictionary tells me I should be!

Yes, I’m behind on the latest IG updates and can’t seem to figure out how to add multiple items to my IG story but I’m up on snapchat! Haha! πŸ’πŸ½

I’m learning at the age of 30 (2months shy of 31) to take my life and apply my own pressure! Push myself to attain the goals I have set for myself, no matter what age! After all, it really is just a number. I’m taking my experiences and wisdom, and moving forward by the grace of God.

This message is not exclusive to 30 year olds, it’s to everyone. Do not listen to what society says we should do or have by their time frame. Live your life, set your own goals and work at them. Goals can be mapped out (degrees, finances, etc.) but I personally feel that Life can’t. You have to roll with the punches and accept the journey God mapped out for YOU! Each person has a different path!

Don’t be so hard on yourself! Your life is not mine and my life is not yours. Take ownership of your destiny and leave society’s opinions behind.

Huge shout out to my lovely bff for suggesting this blog topic! 😘

Ask yourself, how old do I feel??? I feel 25, so yea I still have time to make it happen! 😏

Live.Laugh.Love and GROW!

XoXo

Cryslove

No comments:

Post a Comment