Thursday, June 8, 2017

You QUIT?!

Ever watched a movie where the main character decides to quit and completely give up on their talents? Odds are stacked against them, they reach a breaking point and decide I QUIT? But then an event occurs or they have this huge epiphany and instantly get back in the game, or get back in the fight!

Yea, I’m that character! And my game is called REAL F#!@n’ Life! I completely tapped out this week and QUIT! I literally said it out loud! I QUIT! I have no more strength to keep fighting. People always compliment me on being so strong and having such calmness about myself, but in reality I literally am losing it. Not every single day! But I have my moments, and this week was a few days of “Moment” LOL.

What does it really mean to Quit? It’s a universal term that holds the same weight anywhere you go. It means to give up, throw in the towel, and leave all hope of succeeding behind. I QUIT on myself this week. I felt like I had no strength left in me to keep trying.
Being a “Creative” is more difficult than most people think. You have to be stronger than the next at all times. You’re fighting to be free and do exactly what it is your heart desires!

I work a 9-5 (great job that I’m thankful for) but I want more! I act, model, sing, mentor, host, plan events, write, and so much more! And guess what, I love doing all of that but none of it has flourished the way I’d hope and it’s partially because of my job. I’m tired and frustrated all the time. And I won’t even start on my personal life! That’s a soap opera in the making!
At times, the frustration is overwhelming and the pressure to give MYSELF what it is I want becomes tough. So I quit! At least for a day I did…

Now, I’m back in the game. I’m getting my resume edited, renewed my gym membership and I’m not quitting. Isn’t that the ultimate goal in life…to be HAPPY?! Whatever HAPPY looks like for you, you shouldn’t QUIT til you obtain it! At that point, you shouldn’t QUIT so that you can KEEP IT!
I’m not quitting anymore! I owe it to myself and to those around me to never give up on myself.

This blog is my THERAPY! This is my way of speaking it out loud and shouting to the cyber world that I SHALL NOT GIVE UP!

I encourage that 1 person that may read this today, to never give up on your dreams, aspirations, goals, or your happiness. Fight for it! My fight may differ from yours but we are still fighting together. I am willing to be transparent for the sake of letting someone know that you’re not alone and that we all have our days! We all have our fights! You can act like you got it all together if you want to, but I for one will admit it’s a struggle but not IMPOSSIBLE to overcome!

DON’T QUIT!

Side note: I’m always open to sharing an open dialogue via email if you are in need of support! I’m a great listener ;) my email is crystalfoster.d@gmail.com

Cryslove

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment