Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Fine. Flyy! Fresh πŸ’…πŸΎ


H&M, Zara, Ann Taylor, Windsor, and yes even Forever 21! These are some of my fav places to shop!! When I am searching for a new piece to add to my closet, I keep in mind a few things:

·         PRICE
·         Versatility
·         Quality

I’m certainly at that awkward stage in life where you are transitioning out of dressing like a 25yr old and an actual 30 year woman. To be honest, I still love crop tops and graphic tees lol. But they make me look every bit of 18 and it can become quite annoying on the wrong day! πŸ™„

I’ve gone from rocking Bebe and Von Dutch in High School to wearing what’s affordable yet cute now! It’s an interesting change of pace and perspective. Back in high school, I was extremely insecure about my shape and complexion! I was the dark skinned SKINNY girl! I knew I was pretty but lacked any type of confidence. However, I found an outlet in name brands! Yep, I was that girl, I even won class “Best Dressed” because of it LOL. I lived at the mall and carefully picked out my ensembles every single day! It was a part-time job SMH! But ultimately it was my way of feeling better about myself. It’s hard to think about now but it’s my truth.

Fast forward to 2004-2012, I’d finally let go of the idea of “brands” and started to really experiment with my STYLE. I would play with colors, patterns, hairstyles, and make-up. I was finally starting to develop a sense of who I was and my image was a reflection!! This may seem like such a trivial topic, but it is such an issue with the Black Community!

Our babies are STILL growing up finding confidence and solace in name brands and images! It’s absolutely terrible. I want young ladies and young men to realize their worth extends beyond a piece of material hanging on your body. I’ve seen some stunningly beautiful people look hideous in some pieces, and it was all because of their attitude!

This issue extend deeper than what my post can allow! I’ll touch on it, but save it for another individual topic next week. Just as we were and the generations before and ahead of us, we are taught that MONEY and MATERIAL THINGS make us! If you ain’t ballin’ out of control or buying every Jordan put out, you ain’t %@!$. We obsess over things we can’t afford like expensive cars, jewelry, gadgets and more! And guess who is watching us? The next generation! They repeat the cycle and only continue to place their WORTH in things! It’s one thing to desire nice things and plan for them, but it’s a whole different story when your confidence and worth are interlocked with it! It’s sad and I wish we talked about it more! (I will at a later date).

I’m sure I sound real clichΓ© by now, but who cares! Beauty and self-confidence start within! ✨✨My clothes don’t make me! They help me present myself to the world, but at the end of it all, it’s my personality and energy that set the tone. I don’t ever want people to remember me for what I had on, but for how I made them feel or something positive I said. 

Ok, so back to my initial thought LOL. My style now is based on what my pockets can afford and how many ways I can wear it! A great blouse that can be worn to work, church and out is a winner for me! A dress that can be dressed up or down is a keeper! 
That’s why I love the stores mentioned above. Some may be a bit more pricey than others, but they give me what I need. 

True style comes from within, and reflects the person on the inside. I love my style, it’s classy and regal at times, and spunky or earthy at times. It’s a reflection of me!

How do you define style? What works for YOU?

I’d love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to comment below!!! 😊😘

XOXO 
Cryslove πŸ’‹

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete