Thursday, May 11, 2017

Who Cares?!


Every two weeks I get my hair washed and straightened, a fill-in at the nail salon, and groom the forest on my legs.

Every month I'd like to get a pedicure...this does NOT happen! Ha!

Every 3 months I get a Brazilian wax down under. (I still don't know why I subject myself to such pain.)

And every blue moon, I get my eyebrows arched (they grow slower than most).

____________________________________________________________________________


Who the heck has the time or the money for all this upkeep?



Clearly every woman I have encountered that takes pride in how she looks, wants to present herself well to the world or has a man LOL. Some women are more extreme than others, spending $300-400 on bundles and the install, getting their nails manicured weekly and changing the shape (let's not forget that extra $5 charge for coffin shape smh) or get lashes installed.

I for one, can't afford it but it still gets done! Why? Because I like to feel pretty! I enjoy getting pampered from time to time at my OWN expense!

What does your personal upkeep look like? Do you receive flak for it?


If so, tell them to kick rocks! This goes for the fellas too!

Honestly, who cares?

I'm learning to not care so much about what people think about ME! The bible tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Honey, I'm already FINE, but if I choose to spruce myself up from time to time, it's my business.



I feel as if so many people are subjected to feeling guilty about the things they take pride in for themselves. I believe truly well-rounded people don't have time to worry about such trivial things. You do YOU and I will do ME! It's really that simple.

Accept people for who they are and where they are in life! (That's a WHOLE POST right there!!)

I appreciate the people in my life that have allowed me to be a girly girl and not judge me for it. I also appreciate those who have never placed me in a BOX and judge me if I decide to venture out and try something new that isn't expected of me.

  • What do you do to make you happy?
  • Do you enjoy the weekly outer maintenance?
  • Are you a naturalist that takes pride in all things natural?


Doesn't matter how you answer those questions! Honestly who cares? It's for YOU, so the one that matters most, already cares :)

Self-care is the best care! Remember that!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, when I have a special occasion, I like to utilize the services of the individuals listed below. They are professional and highly skilled! Check out their pages, and tag someone who may be looking for a new stylist, makeup artist, etc!

XOXO
Cryslove



HAIR: @sesedidit 

MAKEUP: @beautyispaynemakeup 

MAKEUP: @makeup_monstar

HAIR: @_michael_david

SELF CARE (local women's group): @herdetroit

WAXING: @huevine



No comments:

Post a Comment